Although spices have been used since ancient times, they are playing a new and important role in modern food preparation. They not only add unique flavors to our food, but they contribute color and variety as well. Moreover, spices are used as main ingredients in wellness treatments for their renowned virtues and properties.
Spicy Wellness is the name for a new way of using spices, beyond the confines of the kitchen: the great healing properties of spices can transform an ordinary treatment in a moment of absolute relaxation and well-being. Prepared and combined in different ways, spices are used for the body through herbal baths, wraps, masks and massages.
The uses of spices in beauty treatments are different and varied: they can be used fresh (chopped or in powder form) or dried and crumbled, but also cooked in oil or in the form of essential oils. The spices should be chosen, measured and prepared by expert hands: having very powerful properties, their inappropriate use could be harmful.
- Sage. The sage is rich in different acids, enzymes, vitamin B1 and C, flavonoids and estrogenic substances. In general, the plant stimulates the body because it brings numerous benefits. Particularly known are its anti-inflammatory, balsamic and expectorant properties. It’s very useful against water retention.
- Rosemary. Rosemary is an excellent tonic. It has a stimulating, strengthening and antiseptic effect on the organism. The Rosemary is suitable for the treatment of impure and oily skins.
- Mint. It is mainly composed of: water, fibers, proteins, many minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, sodium), vitamins (group A, B, C and D), and amino acids. The mint has a tonic, purifying and refreshing action. It’s also an important remedy for headaches. If applied on the mucous membranes and skin, mint causes an initial vasoconstriction followed by vasodilation with local anesthetic action.
- Lavender. Known since ancient times for its anti-inflammatory properties, lavender brings relief in the presence of acne, eczema and psoriasis, cutaneous irritation caused by insect bites, sunburn and jellyfish. This precious essence has a powerful healing effect and it’s used as a natural remedy for burns, wounds, as it promotes the growth of new cells and thus tissue regeneration. Moreover, it has a balancing action on mixed skins and a calming effect on sensitive ones. Lavender relieves the pain caused by muscle sprains and rheumatism and it helps the lymphatic stagnation caused by the presence of cellulite.
- Chamomile. Delicate field flower, chamomile is one of the best-known medicinal plants. It has been used since ancient times for its many medicinal properties. Chamomile has an important calming and anti-redness effect. Moreover, it’s an ancient anti-aging and anti-fatigue remedy.
Rediscover your wellness by choosing Spa Chez Vous treatments and let yourself be taken in the fabulous spicy world!