Chamomile is one of the most well-known herbs. It is widely available in tea form, but it can also be made into capsules, tinctures, or used in cosmetic applications.
Chamomile flowers are mildly sedative, making them wonderful for improving sleep quality and relaxation.
Ways to Use Chamomile:
- As an herbal tea before bedtime to help improve relaxation and sleep
- As a tincture (internally or externally) for muscle pain or for teething children (on the gums)
- As a tincture for children who have trouble sleeping or who are emotionally upset
- As a strong brewed tea in the hair to naturally lighten blonde tones
- To help relax during emotional or physical distress (I use the tincture internally during labor to help ease contractions and help me relax)
- Internally and externally for headache relief
- As a tincture to help calm hyper children
- For pink eye: Pour a small amount of boiling water over a chamomile tea bag and soak on the eye for about 15 minutes a few times a day (wait until its cool) OR make a strong tea with it and use a soaked cotton ball to wipe the eye every hour throughout the day and infection should be gone within 24-36 hours. Can also sleep with a cotton ball “patch” on the eye to help remove the infection.
Spa Chez Vous uses camomille flowers for different body rituals…would you like to know more? You just have to book a Spa Chez Vous treatment!